Servings: Makes 2 loaves
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 65 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
2 cups of all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) of unsalted butter, softened
2 cups of sugar
2 large of eggs
1 (15-oz) can of 100% pure pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease two 8 x 4-inch loaf pans with butter and dust with flour (or use a baking spray with flour in it).
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking sofa, baking powder, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk until well combined.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until just blended. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until very light and fluffy. The mixture might look grainy - that's ok.
- Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans, dividing evenly, and bake for 65-75 minutes or until cake tester inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let the loaves cool in the pans for about 10 minutes.
Let us know if you tried this recipe and what you thought!